James And Palmer

James And Palmer
"Only the best for me!"

Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm Rodney Dezmund

My name is Rodney Dezmund.  I have been CEO of James & Palmer Hot Combs since 2008.  I was born in Porkspoon, West Virginia in 1974 and moved to Burbank, California after I graduated high school with dreams of becoming an actor and professional singer/songwriter.  I got some jobs modeling for billboard ads and local sales papers and even landed myself a spot on The Dating Game (I lost).  I eventually landed some gigs both acting in and writing jingles for a string of Red Barn Burgers commercials.  I also got a bit part in Bruce Cherry's 1996 mini-series Culture Of Ashes.  I have sung and played keyboard and guitar in coffee shops all over the western United States.  I got somewhat of a break in the music business when I had the honor to open up for the legendary Soul Team Of Chauncey & The Dunna Man during their short lived 2002 reunion tour.  In 2004 I was selling cocaine out of my one room apartment while working part time in a day care center for low wages and travelling with a Shakespeare theatre group on weekends still hoping for my big break in the entertainment business.  That night came in 2007 when James Palmer, owner of James & Palmer Hot Combs, caught my act in The Wake Up Club Coffe Room in Oxnard.  He approached me during one of my breaks, twirling his moustache and grinning, and told me that I would make a great new CEO at his successful hot comb company.  From 2007 to 2009 I saved the company over seven-million-dollars and designed and created a new website for them (eventually shut down due to extremely graphic adult content and instructions for creating various homemade weapons) that boosted their online sales over three-hundred percent.  It is now 2011 and Mr. Palmer has granted me the tool$ to create my own record label, Hot Roller Records!  I will definitely have my hands full this year while still performing my duties of CEO at James & Palmer and getting this new record label off the ground.  I am currently in negotiations with Sombrero Records to buy the rights of the still unreleased 2009 reunion album by my old buddies The Soul Team Of Chauncey & The Dunna Man.  The public needs to hear this album!  Already signed to the label is Youngstown, Ohio's hip hop crew Starrkrunch, psychedelic rockers from Madrid, Mrs. Grundy's Special Place, and and the heavy jazz-funk crew from Scottsbluff, Nebraska, The Scottsbluff Prophets.  All of these albums and more should hopefully be dropping by late 2011/early 2012.  If you are a musician searching for distribution from a very reliable and business savvy ex drug dealer, please contact me at this blog.  I will be accepting demos and will get around to hearing everything as soon as my busy schedule allows for it.  I am looking forward to this new adventure in life and hope that it takes me, my artists, and all of the fans on an incredible journey.  Stay with me.  Let's get bigger together!

No comments:

Post a Comment